Now that Season 1's videos are out of the way, we've been busy learning what NOT to do for Season 2. And speaking of Season 2, we've got a plan, a crew and a destination! This fall FSO will be heading to the pacific northwest and we can't wait! In the meantime, we've been hitting some local events and will continue to throughout the summer. See you there!
Well, Episode 1 is finally out! Check out out YouTube page and subscribe to the series! It's a little late because we were prepping for Overland Expo East which was last weekend and holy cow it was busy! FSO was invited to join Hiker Trailer in their booth and we were on our feet, in the hot sun, helping people expand their adventure with the best tear drop trailers on the market! We saw some old friends and were able to match some faces with people we've only met through social media up to the point.
So what's up next? Well, we've got more episodes coming from The Northeast Expedition. We're heading down to a Roof Top Tent Rally in VA, a short trip to VT in November and then we're planning for the next big trip next year which will likely be in the northwest. No rest!
We've received many request for more information about our Hiker Trailer, so we decided to throw together a short video.
We just got back from a 4 day expedition with Mountain State Overland through southern WV and parts of Appalachia. Stay tuned and check our Instagram and Facebook for updates. Lots of pictures and video to process, but at the same time, we're finishing up the trailer build, getting ready for a Jeep Jamboree with the Hiker trailer in two weeks, and making reservations for the Northeast Expedition. No rest for the wicked!
Just two and a half weeks into 2017, FSO has made great strides as an organization. January news and announcements below.
- Trip prep continues and we continue building out the team for the Northeast Expedition.
- The FSO Shop has launched and will be stocking new gear soon! Partial proceeds will go to Jeeps For Joy!
- The FSO JK is getting branded/wrapped next week to help promote the brand.
- A quick break in work for a day trip to the AOAA for a trail ride.
- FSO will be joining Mountain State Overland on the inaugural 4 day expedition of West Virginia and Appalachia. More news about this to follow.
- The Hiker Off-road Extreme trailer is being built and will be completed soon. Stay tuned for updates and the launch of customizations for it!
More news to follow!
We hope everyone has had a safe and happy holiday season. The FSO team is done drinking the egg nog and is back to updating the site. This coming week should see significant changes and updates to many of the sites features. In January, the shop will open, so that those who collect items such as stickers or morale patches can show their support for FSO.
FSO is pleased to annouce that we'll be adding an offroad trailer to our fleet. The trailer, made by Hiker Trailers, will be fully offroad worthy with full suspension, tires and built to withstand the elements of the Northeast Expedition. We'll likely mount the roof top tent, which currently sits on the JKU back to the trailer to allow excursions to and from camp without having to break camp each time. The trailer will have electrical, and climate control as well as a 21 gallon water tank. FSO plans on making further modifications to the trailer once the build has been completed.
If only there was more time in the day! 2017 is fast approaching and we've got a lot lined up. Here's just a few things headed FSO's way in 2017!
- Northeast Expedition planning and logistics
- Website (official) relaunch
- Store front for shirts, patches, stickers, and other FSO goodness.
- FSO Jeep projects wrap up
- Expedition gear acquisition and reviews
- Localized trail rides and meetups
- Photography processing
- Video editing and processing
Whew! But we'll get there. And it will be great. And we can't wait to take you along for the ride!